Quality Control Technician
At CannaPiece, we believe that each employee is a key factor in our success, to help patients and our communities. We are proud of what we do and are excited to be expanding our team.
You would be joining a growing and exciting industry in which we plan to play a significant role. Regardless of which division of our group that you work for, you are part of the entire team and your contribution will be a key factor for our overall success. We have built business units to cover what we feel is the entire continuum of care needed to be the best at what we do.
Our group of companies has been built on the philosophy of helping others and supporting the people and communities who have built and maintain the strength of our industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our talented team and be part of a challenging and rewarding experience at CannaPiece.
The Quality Control Technician reports directly to the Quality Control Lead and will be responsible for monitoring and quality control of cannabis production. The role will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Production Practices (GPP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Represent Quality Control team on the production floor.
- Support and guarantee product quality and safety at every step of the production process to ensure product manufactures in compliance with Act of Cannabis and cannabis regulations.
- Perform in process-checks and label verification on the floor.
- Verify production tasks that are completed according to good documentation practices.
- Verify non-cannabis incoming materials and perform AQL inspection as needed.
- Report any deviation to the lead and assist in investigation, as necessary.
- Verify sanitation documentation and activity logbooks (room and equipment) prior to line clearance and start up approval.
- Ensure that SOPs are followed/implemented at every step of the process from the point of receiving cannabis through manufacturing and until shipment of bulk cannabis and/or cannabis product.
- Assist QC inspectors in performing swabs in production areas.
- Perform other duties as directed by QA/QC Lead or QAP/A
- Evaluate data and draft reports, noting any relevant deviations from existing standards
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
- Communicate quality or compliance concerns with urgency
- Responsible for monitoring, and programing critical control points (CCP).
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
- Ensures employees are following all GMP, Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Collect product samples for Product Development, lab retains and the laboratory when directed.
- Perform inspections on Products, Equipment and Machinery.
- Post-secondary education in Science, Quality, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional related experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control within a cannabis, food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Act of cannabis and cannabis regulations, ACMPR, ISO, HACCP, SQF, GFSI, or other quality systems.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT)
- Assist Quality Operations Associates in checking all batch related documentation for QAP review and approval prior to release.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Maybe required to be able to lift up to 20lbs.
- Flexibility and adaptability to take up additional duties and cross train
- Ability to work variable shifts (continental, afternoons/nights)
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, and dental.
- Basic life insurance and wellness programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.